- The Devourer: Each book is a snack for this kind of reader--but it doesn't mean that s/he won't enjoy each book just as much.
- The Lover: Books read by this kind of reader are read in hidden, stolen moments at the most unexpected times.
- The Slow Dancer: Books are a treat that this kind of reader savors. Slow and steady wins this reader's race, as his/her eyes take in and taste each and every word.
- The Addict: Books are a conquest to this kind of reader. S/he will buy more books than s/he can read, but s/he will ALWAYS have something to read.
- The Classic: Books of the past are a gift to this reader. Prose in the style of early contemporary authors, or stories written long ago, are favorites for this reader.
- The Die-Hard: Genres are a way of life for this reader. S/he finds a niche and sticks to it--veering from what s/he knows for short bursts of time.
- The Advocate: This reader is a lover of books. S/he is not just a reader, but an advocate of reading--hoping that the future will contain more readers.
- What kind of reader are you? Add on if you wish!
Behaviour Management Idea (Source given)
Cards are handed to children when they are doing the wrong thing in class. This avoids calling attention to the behaviour and minimises disruption.
I LOVE this idea! When you are always telling kids -and often the same ones- to be quiet or sit down etc. it becomes repetitive and they normally tune out until it gets to the discipline point. I can imagine these cards give the child a portion of control, and to also see something concrete to represent a warning, not just constant vocal reminders which blur together, would be great.
I have used physical presence before in a similar way such as coming up and standing beside a student while continuing to teach or quickly tapping their shoulder to let them know I am aware of what they are doing, but I this would also give a chance to talk to the student when they return the card at the end of class before it slips your mind. The main reason I posted this is so I can remember this for prac. I would feel comfortable implementing this without feeling like i was stepping on my host teachers toes.
A little midnight cruise around lumberton rancocas wood and delran.. Blasting tiesto and ACDC #swaggapino #instacool #civic #road #trip #car #yellow (Taken with Instagram)
Things I have bought this week on eBay! Mostly all of my cars needs andy phone case lol (Taken with instagram)
They say Armani is for jerks and douches …but I’m one the nicest person you will ever meet! #armani #milan #instagram #instacool #me #ballin #fancy (Taken with instagram)